In 2021, Parhelia Biosciences were proud to release our Early Adopter tissue staining device called the PAR2, a predecessor to the Omni-Stainer™ instrument released in 2022.
At the time of the release, the Parhelia Biosciences founders investigated several different liquid handling devices and determined that the open format of the Opentrons OT-2 liquid handling robot worked really well with the PAR2 device. From there a beautiful partnership was formed.
This article written in May 2021 by Opentrons is an interview with the Parhelia Founders, Yury Goltsev and Nikolay Samusik , detailing their thoughts on using the OT-2 with the PAR2 tissue staining prototype. They have used this combination to solve the following problems commonly found with tissue staining:
- Automating complex CODEX staining protocols
- Automating antigen retrieval for FFPE IHC protocols
- Run temperature controlled heating and cooling experiments
- Contained all media and reagents within the OT-2 device
- Offering an accessible and affordable automated tissue staining solution
The full article can be found at this link